My 2017 Version of My Favorite Things
Dave’s Coffee Cake! Seriously, it is incredible. I have tried a couple different kinds of theirs but my favorite is Cinnamon Supreme. The first time I tried it was @ the annual Women’s Show in St Charles in February. They had a booth where you can sample it and that is when I got hooked. They have one store in Missouri, two in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. At least I think that’s the only places they have. But don’t fret, you can order it and they mail it fresh the same day and you will receive it usually in 4 business days. The cakes are all 9″ round and there is 80 different kinds. Four of those 80 are sugar-free. Their website is http://davescoffeecake.com and their # is 815-201-1155.
- So a couple of weeks ago I was camped out in my mom’s hospital room with her and my siblings. We didn’t have any food up there and I was left with a quick run to the convenience store to buy something to snack on. I bought a bag of Turtle Chex Mix. I had never seen it before but the package had piqued my interest. Wow! Best snack food EVER! It’s a mix of caramel-coated corn Chex, cocoa-seasoned corn Chex, pretzels, nuts, caramel-coated popcorn and chocolaty candies. It’s different from regular Chex Mix. I seriously could probably eat my weight in it. Which means I cannot ever buy that bag again. It is addicting and delicious. The good news is that its 50% less fat than regular potato chips.
- When I went to Texas for my nephew’s wedding in August, my boyfriend and I stopped by a Virtual Reality booth @ the mall. We both took turns with the goggles on and experienced something hilarious. To me it was. You can pick a haunted house, roller coaster, monsters or whatever you want. If you get the chance to try one out then do it! It’s 3-D and was so so much fun. I tried the roller coaster one first because the attendant there recommended it. Oh no, that one wasn’t for me. I couldn’t handle it. So then I did the haunted house. That was right up my alley. Here’s a video of me watching it, https://youtu.be/mr1H3C1M0F8?t=14
- For years and years I have used American airlines when I needed to fly. I have a relative that works there. But this last September I flew on Alligiant Air with a couple of friends. Where the hell have I been? They are crazy cheap!!! Like their flights are sometimes $28. Yes, I said $28. You have to watch for deals and they don’t fly everywhere unfortunately. Allegiant Air offers non-stop service from regional cities to major destinations in the United States including Las Vegas, Phoenix, and a few Florida locations. New destinations are added regularly. Some routes operate seasonally. One good thing is that you can enter your email address on their website for a particular airport so you’ll be notified if they start flying there. And something a little odd is that it is hard to find their phone #. They try to do the majority of their business and customer service on-line. Also it’s important to know they don’t offer complimentary drinks or snacks on the plane, you have to buy them if you want them.
- My friend Mae insisted I try her Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hair Dryer when we went on a trip to Savannah together in May. I was hesitant to try it because I’m really not into the whole round brush thing. But she persisted and won me over. It’s like a hair straightener and hair dryer in one. It has a unique oval brush that quickly creates frizz-free volume at the root and beautifully full-bodied curls the ends with a single pass. I shit you not. Designed to distribute air quickly and evenly to the hair to dry and style faster for less heat damage. It’s $60 and it does seem to get pretty hot. But I still use it and love it. But I wouldn’t really recommend it for short hair.
- Cookies are my favorite so of course I am going to include one. McAlister’s Sugar Cookies are melt in your mouth good. It is soft and sweet and perfect. It’s exactly what I’m sure heaven is like. It almost has a hint of lemon in it even though I’m not a lemon fan. But in this it was wonderful. There is nothing more to say about it except that it is perfection.
- I cut off cable/ satellite for the first time in my adult life. I think. It was a big step and I was so nervous. I did it to save money and only committed to it because I heard about The Amazon Fire Stick. My friend Angel called me and told me all about hers. She said you can buy this one time thing and never pay for cable again but still be able to see all the shows. I’m talking shows on Bravo, E!, AMC, NBC and whatever. Even HBO, Netflix and live sports. It’s really hard to believe until you try it yourself. Now the downfalls is that you can’t watch the shows live (unless its sports) and the quality is not the best. But hey, its free. So all my regular shows that I watch (and there is more than I will say) I have to watch the following day. I will say it’s not the easiest program to set up. I had to have help and I think most people probably will too. Dave Ramsey would give this a thumbs up, I’m sure. #winning
- Caramel m&m’s…. You think I’m kidding, I’m not! This is some serious candy here. I went months without having any sugar and must have missed when this came out but regardless, OMG! This sweet sweet thing is just a soft caramel ball with a light coating of chocolate around it. It’s chewy and oh so good. It is not like the other m&m’s, I promise. This is yet another product I need to stay the hell away from.
I was going to continue but I realized most of the things on my list are edible and I didn’t want this focused all on food. But the few I already did list was because they are crucial. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. I know I haven’t been on here much this year but I have been a bit distracted with some huge life changes….