The 2016 Version of my Favorite Things …..
1. McDonald’s Oatmeal – I am liking it right now because it’s a better alternative to hot cakes or McMuffins. It taste great, has a little fresh fruit in it and the calories aren’t out of control. The ingredients are
Oatmeal- Whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, food starch-modified, salt, natural maple flavor with other natural flavor (plant source), barley malt extract, caramel color.
Diced Apples- Apples, calcium ascorbate (a blend of calcium and vitamin C to maintain freshness and color).
Cranberry Raisin Blend Dried sweetened cranberries (sugar, cranberries), California raisins, golden raisins, sunflower oil, sulfur dioxide (preservative).
Light Cream Milk, cream, sodium phosphate, datem, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium citrate, carrageenan.
The Nutritional Information: 290 calories, 4.5 g fat, 57 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 5 g fiber, 160 mg sodium (Points+ ). It is instant oatmeal with the sugar pre-added and then they add hot water, cranberry raisins, diced apples, and light cream.
2. BeautiControl’s liquid eyeliner. I am always looking for the next best thing with eye make up. And I have found it. At least with eyeliner. I wear eyeliner almost every day and for some reason mine always runs. Always. Or should I say it wipes away at the corner of my eyes as I tear up in the sunlight or whatever. But this one does not run or smear @ all, even through sweat or tears. It’s waterproof, smudge proof and paraben free. I love it! It’s $16 and must purchase through a BeautiControl Rep. And I will add that I am NOT a rep with them. LOL.
3. Fitbit or the Garmin version- You might not think its all that or that your phone can keep up with your steps. Ha! This thing is magical. It will track your steps, distance, calories burned and your sleep patterns. You will be surprised @ how many times you wake up in the middle of the night. A fit bit is also good for challenging or competing against your friends.
4. The Yeti knock off cups. I have the Ozark Trail cup. Just get one! They are under $10 @ Walmart and so worth it. This tumbler is made with high-grade 18/8 stainless steel, and is double-walled and vacuum-sealed for maximum temperature control, so it’s equally suited to sustaining the temperature of both hot and cold beverages. Whether you like to keep your sweet tea chilled on a hot summer day, or would rather keep your hot coffee from going lukewarm 10 minutes into your commute, this travel cup has you covered. It has a durable, rust-proof and sweat-free design and is BPA-free and comes with a lifetime warranty.
5. Norwex filtered water pitcher. Best tasting water ever! If I was stranded on a deserted island and could only bring one thing then my Norwex water pitcher would be it! The Norwex Water Filtration System comes with a 2.5 liter pitcher and 4-stage filter. The oval design of the pitcher does help it fit pretty easily in the refrigerator. Their unique filter uses exclusive magnesium technology for better-tasting water. This filter helps reduce impurities such as chlorine, copper, cadmium, mercury and lead. Also, the Norwex warranty is WAY better than most other filtration systems. Most systems like Brita only come with a 90 day warranty. The Norwex Filtration System comes with a full 1 year warranty!
6. Playing the tourist in Missouri – I am trying to see all the local attractions that my State has to offer. There is so much to see and do. Last week I went with my friends to the Onondaga Caves in Crawford County. I had never been there before. I am attempting to try new foods and trying to see sights I haven’t seen before. There is a lot I haven’t done here before.
7. And lastly, my favorite thing right now is Cinnamon Crunch Bagels, bread sliced from St Louis Bread Co (AKA Panera) with Reduced-Fat Honey Walnut Cream Cheese. It is to die for. My cousin Patti introduced me to it and I am now hooked. The bagels are made fresh with cinnamon and vanilla flavored chips and topped with a sweet, crunchy shell of cinnamon and sugar. But I will have to say that it is their bagel with the highest calorie count of 430.
- Posted in: Uncategorized