Totally random facts
This is a list of totally random facts. I love stumbling across some that I never knew. I find it interesting and entertaining. Breeze through and see if you learn anything new.
- According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.
- 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn’t give her coffee.
- The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
- Actor Tommy Lee Jones and former vice-president Al Gore were freshman roommates at Harvard
- The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
- 100% of all lottery winners gain weight.
- The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class.
- Flying from London to New York by Concord, due to the time zones crossed, you can arrive 2 hours before you leave.
- It’s against the law to slam your car door in Switzerland
- The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.
- The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover Cleveland’s baby daughter, Ruth.
- The earliest recorded case of a man giving up smoking was on April 5, 1679, when Johan Katsu, Sheriff of Turku, Finland, wrote in his diary “I quit smoking tobacco.” He died one month later.
- Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to wear tail lights.